Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What are we doing here?

via

Objective number 1: help you. Too many of us are in debt and confused about where we are going. We (meaning you and I) weren't taught how to manage our money. We (again, you and I) made choices based on incomplete or incorrect information and now we're paying the price. I want you to have hope that you're going to make it through this rough time.

I was certain that everyone else had their stuff all together and that we were probably the only ones struggling. Clicking publish on my first post was really scary but guess what? There are lots of you in this same crappy boat, I just didn't know where to find you. Being honest with you about our challenges has also made it easier for us to face them, there's something to be said for strength in numbers.

Objective number 2: earn enough money from blogging and speaking and writing so that Greg can be home with us in the evenings. We miss eating dinner with him. Bedtime is way more fun when Daddy is home and I miss hanging out on the couch with him after-hours. He's my favorite person and I'd really like to spend more time with the guy I love.

via

I'm pretty sure I just broke a major blogging rule by telling you that I want this to be a profitable venture. I think that if you're fortunate and hardworking and dedicated enough to make money from your blog then you're supposed to act surprised.

But here's the truth, I'm transparent kind of girl. I won't say one thing and mean something else. You should know that whatever I say or write or do is honest and accurate.

I want to contribute more to my family's income and this is one way that I can do that. It means something every time you read what I write, every time you share, like, comment or follow. It makes a big difference. Not only does it help us reach our financial goals but it also shares our story with someone who might need to hear our version.

That's pretty amazing.


1 comment:

Marlies said...

I love your transparency! Even though it's not a stated goal your Blog posts have inspired me to work on posting on my Blog more. Between your posts and rereading old posts on my Blog I have realized how much more fulfilling Blogging is than Facebook.