Monday, July 13, 2015

Lame, just absolutely lame.


True confession time.

I've never been to the ocean, never even seen it in real life. I've told some of you that fun fact and you always laugh and say how deprived I am.

And you're right. But there's more to the story. Now you get to see just how pathetic I really am.

Twelve years ago (actually a little more if you count dating and all that jazz) Greg and I fell in love and got married. All of our extended family was there on a cold April day in Utah. I think there was even snow. There was definitely wind. And no sunshine. Basically a dream outdoor photography situation. Except not.

Sidetracked. Like I was saying, after the cake and the presents and the congratulations we flew off to Disneyland. I had never been and Greg hadn't been since he was little. It sounded like the perfect honeymoon.

It was. Except for the part where we didn't explore any of the amazing things that Southern California has to offer. Like oh, I don't know, THE BEACH! We didn't go to Hollywood, we didn't see a ball game, we didn't even swim in the hotel pool. Let's not even talk about all of the rides we didn't go on because the lines were too long.

So pathetic.

We went to the park. Wandered around. Ate at IHOP (full body shudder) and that was about it.

We didn't have a rental car so we figured that we were stuck on foot. Never mind that hotels have millions of little pamphlets telling you all about the cool things to do in the area and how to get there.

Our honeymoon wasn't all awful (except for the cold Greg caught somewhere and then shared with his new wife), it was pretty great to be finally married to someone I loved more than anyone. That part was awesome.

I'd like to go back in time and tell my 20 year old self "hey dorkus, explore. Ride a city bus. Have fun while you're here because in a just a few years you're going to have a pack of kids and it will take you 20 minutes just to get everyone in the car and you'll have a lot of fun once you get to where ever it is you're going but it's a lot easier to get around right now while you're dealing with people that have mastered fine motor skills. Oh and one more thing, cut up your credit card. Right now, I'm waiting..."

No comments: