Monday, June 22, 2015

Enough is enough, I'm doing it.

via
I've gone back and forth. I've heard the great reviews and I've seen the amazing changes. I'm usually pretty resistant to change, even if that change might make me feel better.

But I think I've reached my breaking point. I mean, it's not normal to wake up after 8 hours of sleep and be exhausted. Not everyone has to take a nap every afternoon just to function. Or if you don't get your nap, you're worthless by 6 o'clock. Is that just me?

So what's the plan? Whole 30. You know where you eat lots of protein, fruits and veggies? You do it for 30 days and then begin to discover how food really makes you feel. I usually scoff at anything structured or regimented but I'm hoping this will be the thing that helps me figure out why I'm so tired.

I was talking to two friends who have done several cycles of Whole 30 and they couldn't say enough good things. It was actually a little shocking. When I asked them what they thought, I was expecting something along the lines of it's okay or that it's a lot of work but no, they were raving about how great they felt and the things that changed even after the cycle was over.

They told me about having more energy and feeling healthier. They've both lost a decent chunk of weight. That's not my main focus but I wouldn't turn it down!

I'm convinced. I spent last week reading the book "Whole 30" and preparing. I made my menu for the next week and I'm actually pretty excited. The food looks good and seems like it's not that far of a departure from what we're usually eating.

Today, Monday June 22, is Day 1. I'm telling you this so that you can keep me on track.

Oh but there is one question I have for you. What do I do about Cookie Day? The kids look forward to it every Friday. It's our thing, every Friday we make and eat cookies. I could probably still make the treats just for them but do I want to? Do I want to do that to myself? My willpower isn't made of steel! Ya know what I mean?!





No comments: