Wednesday, June 3, 2015

This Is Water


by Greg

This video is a classic, absolutely makes you think. 

We go through our lives each day and do our routine. We drive the same way to and from work. We sit in the same seats at church and in the lunch room. We eat the same food, watch the same shows and do the same things every weekend. 

We get frustrated if things do not go our way or if our routine is broken. I get frustrated with the ones I love the most. Sometimes I don't think about others and the things they are going through in life. I forget that it's not all about me. It happens to all of us.

I need to step out of my routines and try new things. I need to serve others more. I need to live the golden rule.  I do not know what others are going through, they could have unimaginable struggles. I need to step outside myself and give people the benefit of the doubt.

I am grateful that we have a lifetime to work on our issues, deficiencies and problems. We get to choose how we react to situations. I am grateful we have a Savior that helps make up the difference. I try to follow his example and be more like Jesus Christ, the one perfect example. Sometimes I'm more successful than others but I keep trying. 


I don't need to set lofty goals, I just need to try a little harder to be a little better and it will work out.

   

No comments: