Monday, June 8, 2015

Who made you the boss of me?

by Kristen

Why should you listen to me?

Well my kids (especially that cute one pictured above) ask that question and the answer to them is that I'm their mom and that's just the way life works.

Obviously that doesn't work for this space and you readers. You deserve more of an answer than "because I said so". You shouldn't ever follow any of my advice if it doesn't ring true to you.

I don't have degrees in finance (although I'm working on it) and I haven't been trained in child psychology or anything else child related (although, hello, I do live in a lab).

The only qualifications that I have are life experience and granted, I'm only 32 so my life experience isn't really that vast but it's also not non- existent (double negative!). I don't have lots of letters after my name and I don't have an overly dramatic story to tell.

But Greg and I are here in the trenches, we're in the middle of student loan debt and raising 5 kids and keeping a marriage strong. We've learned a few things and we want to share. I learn so much from other people's stories so I thought that by creating this space where Greg and I are real and open and honest, that maybe it will help you.

Of course that does open our life and our choices to criticism. But that's okay with us. Greg and I know that what we're doing is right for OUR life and OUR family. We have felt that this is the right thing for us to do and we'll keep doing it as long as we feel we need.

Don't do something that we suggest if it doesn't feel right and don't share if it's not something that you agree with.

But if it does feel right than we're glad we can help and if you do feel like sharing, thank you.

No comments: